2018 Fall Writing Retreat
Join us October 5 - 7 for a weekend writing in the gorgeous, autumn-kissed foothills of the Ozark Mountains! We'll work with you to set writing goals, share progress and hang ups, dine together around the campfire, and connect with ourselves, each other, and Mother Nature.
Additionally, this retreat is specifically geared toward writers who identify as women or non-binary to create a safe space for expressing and sharing our unique experiences. We are confident you'll find both solitude and community on the banks of the Black River at Twin Rivers Landing in Lesterville, Missouri. We're excited to share this uplifting weekend with you!
The total cost for the retreat is $160. A $40 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration and will be credited to your balance. An email with full details will be sent after you register.
The cost includes:
- Professional goal-setting and guidance to inspire and motivate you
- Accountability and facilitated roundtable check-ins to keep you in the flow
- Two nights of camping at the stunning Black River
- Friday and Saturday campfire dinners (vegan/vegetarian options available)
- Blocks of quiet time for writing
- Swag to remind you of your experience
- Camaraderie and new connections to enhance your writing experience
- Opportunity to add a one-on-one 45-minute session with a writing coach ($40 additional due in advance)
- October - December access to our online community of scholars and writers ($25.90 value)
- Publication in our 2019 FLOW anthology - an opportunity exclusive to FLOW participants
What you provide:
- A tent and outdoor gear
- No tent? We have two we can loan on a first-requested, first-served basis.
- Your own transportation to the site in Lesterville, MO (less than two hours from St. Louis)
- Your lunch for Saturday and breakfasts for Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Any self-preservation snacks or beverages you desire
- Your writing materials
- Note: If you will be using a laptop, please plan on bringing a rechargeable power bank, as we are camping right on the riverbank. There are no power stations on our sites. Power banks can be purchased at an office supply store.
About Twin Rivers Landing:
- Clean, fully-plumbed restrooms and shower houses
- Large campsites right at the riverbank
- Small general store for basic items
- Helpful and present site staff
Terms: Reservations must be made by September 15 and are limited to keep the retreat intimate and productive. Your remaining balance of $120 will be invoiced as due by September 30. You are welcome to invite others to participate, but each participant must arrange her/their own reservation.
Liability: Your paid registration indicates your agreement with the Assumption of Risk provided below. We will camp rain or shine, with the exception of conditions that would close the campground (severe weather, flooding, tornado, etc.). Firearms and illegal substances of any kind are strictly prohibited by the Twin Rivers Landing and are grounds for your removal from the retreat without refund.
Coaching: If you would like to add a one-on-one coaching session, we will send an additional invoice for that $40 service. Reserve your spot today for this truly unique fall writing opportunity!
Assumption of Risk
I hereby acknowledge the activities associated with any recreational program involves an element of risk of injury. These activities include but are not limited to: transportation to and from the retreat site (Twin Rivers Landing in Lesterville, Missouri) swimming, boating, walking, hiking, campfire activities and writing. FLOW, a DBA of Landlocked Media, LLC, does not own, operate, or control the facilities where retreat activities are conducted. As a consequence, the registered individual hereby acknowledges that she/they does hereby assume risk of any injury, illness, harm or damage of any type that may occur in the course of her/their own personal transportation to or participation in any FLOW program and release FLOW and its Board, Officers, Venue, Staff, and Volunteers from any liability or responsibility whatsoever. I agree with the terms of the Assumption of Risk as indicated by my paid registration.